Sunday, May 3, 2009

06: Flying


Flying is wonderful.

I have not changed my mind about flying but, occasionally, the odds favor the unlikely. Statistics is not an exact science.

Meda picked me up, which had the double bonus of a pre-airport beer in MacDinton’s and no worries about being left to rot by a non-arriving cab.

A friendly and helpful girl got me through the self-service check-in machine, there was no line at security, no waits and no delays. My hand luggage contained no shampoo, the plane was there, I boarded last and it took off on time.

The flight suffered little turbulence and no incidents that made me wish for a parachute.

Apart from wishing the plane had video screens to watch the movie without twisting into a position that made the cheap headphones fall out of one ear, I spent the time happily watching Ink Heart and dozing, or recalling the multiple farewell lunches from work.

I even got a smile at Starbucks during the one-hour layover at Houston.

No comments:

Post a Comment